Go down
View user profile

Problem with filling in numbers Empty Problem with filling in numbers

on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:18 pm
After a long time of using VaIentina and later Seamly, I just now realised that Valentina is different from Seamly and I downloaded the latest versions of Valentina (both stable 0.6.1.0  and alpha 0.7.0.0a).

The problem I am facing with both versions is that wherever I have to fill in with a number (cm or degrees) the Error word appears and the OK or Apply buttons are inactive.

Also, when opening my files saved with older versions, although the patterns are drawn correctly I can not edit any number.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Thank you!
dismine
Admin
View user profilehttp://valentinaproject.forumotion.com

Problem with filling in numbers Empty Re: Problem with filling in numbers

on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:08 pm
Hi,

Usually such issues related to issue with locale. Can you publish here an example of formula you get error? Also hold cursor over text Error to get tooltip with error messages.

View user profile

on Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:01 pm
Problem with filling in numbers Number16
Problem with filling in numbers Number17
Problem with filling in numbers Number18
dismine
Admin

on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:58 am
Can you do this
Also hold cursor over text Error to get tooltip with error messages.
and publish error message?
View user profile

on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:18 am
Problem with filling in numbers Number19
Problem with filling in numbers Number20
dismine
Admin

on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:21 am
I see, this is issue with Greek translation. Can you please print here the word it complains about? I want to find in code.
View user profile

on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:25 am
εκθέτης is the greek word for exponent
dismine
Admin

on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:33 am
I see, it seems it doesn't like translation for function exp. I want to investigate. You should be able to fix this issue just by not using Greek localization.
dismine
Admin

on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:40 pm
Please, check if those are all Greek characters we must support αβγδεζηθικλμνξοπρσςτυφχψωΑΒΓΔΕΖΗΘΙΚΛΜΝΞΟΠΡΣΤΥΦΧΨΩ Can you explain me difference between ε and έ? For example some applications see them as one character, but others not. Are there more characters like this?
View user profile

on Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:58 pm
Please also include the following characters:

ΆΈΉΊΌΎΏΐΪΫάέήίΰϊϋόύώ

FYI taken from Wikipedia "Modern Greek grammar":

Accent

Modern Greek has a stress accent, similar to English. The accent is notated with a stroke (΄) over the accented vowel and is called οξεία (oxeia, "acute") or τόνος (tonos, "accent") in Greek. The former term is taken from one of the accents used in polytonic orthography which officially became obsolete in 1982.

Most monosyllabic words take no accent such as in το ([to], "the") and ποιος ([pços], "who"). Exceptions include the conjunction ή ([i], "or"), the interrogative adverbs πώς ([pos], "how") and πού ([pu], "where") in both direct and indirect questions and some fixed expressions such as πού και πού ([pu ce pu], "occasionally") and πώς και πώς ([pos ce pos], "cravingly"). Moreover, weak personal pronouns are accented in cases where they may be mistaken for enclitics (see below). For example, ο σκύλος μού γάβγισε ([o ˈscilos mu ˈɣavʝise], "the dog barked at me") instead of ο σκύλος μου γάβγισε ([o ˈsciloz‿mu ˈɣavʝise], "my dog barked").[9]

Enclitics are pronounced very closely to the previous word. Most enclitics are weak personal pronouns. Enclitics do not modify the accent of the previous word when this word is accented on the ultimate or penultimate syllable, for example οδηγός μας ([oðiˈɣoz‿mas], "our driver") and βιβλίο σου ([viˈvlio‿su], "your book"). However, when the previous word is accented on the antepenultimate syllable, the enclitic causes the ultimate syllable to be accented too. For example, δάσκαλος ([ˈðaskalos], "teacher") but δάσκαλός μου ([ˌðaskaˈloz‿mu], "my teacher") and φόρεσε ([ˈforese], "wear (IMP)") but φόρεσέ το ([ˌforeˈse‿to], "wear it"). Finally, enclitics are accented only when they precede another enclitic and these two determine an imperative accented on the penultimate syllable. For example, φέρε μού το ([ˌfere‿ˈmu‿to], "bring it to me").[9]

In digraphs which are pronounced as simple phonemes such as αι [e], οι [i] and ει [i] and in the case of αυ ([af] or [av]) and ευ ([ef] or [ev]), the accent is written on the second letter as in αί, εί, αύ etc. When the accent is written on the first letter, the sequence is pronounced as an accented diphthong, for example άι [ˈai̯] as in γάιδαρος ([ˈɣai̯ðaros], "donkey"). When the second letter takes a diaeresis, the sequence is often pronounced as a diphthong, for example αϊ [ai̯] as in παϊδάκια ([pai̯ˈðaca], "ribs"). Finally, when the accent is placed on the second letter together with diaeresis, the vowels are pronounced separately and the second vowel is accented, for example αΐ [aˈi] as in σαΐτα ([saˈita], "paper airplane").

As in Ancient Greek, in Modern Greek the accent cannot be placed before the antepenultimate syllable (Greek: νόμος της τρισυλλαβίας, law of limitation, historically called Dreimorengesetz). As a result, in many imparisyllabic nouns, i.e. nouns that do not have the same number of syllables in all their inflections, an antepenultimate accent moves to the next syllable when a syllable is added. For example, NOM SG μάθημα ([ˈmaθima], "lesson") but GEN SG μαθήματος [maˈθimatos] and NOM PL μαθήματα [maˈθimata] etc. In some words, the accent moves forward even without the addition of a syllable. For example, NOM SG άνθρωπος ([ˈanθropos], "human") but GEN SG ανθρώπου [anˈθropu], GEN PL ανθρώπων [anˈθropon] and ACC PL ανθρώπους [anˈθropus]. This is due to historical reasons: long vowels and diphthongs occupied two morae which had the same effect as the addition of a syllable.[10]
dismine
Admin

on Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:13 pm
Thank you for your bug report. I have opened two issues #930 and #931.

View user profile

on Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:38 pm
Thank you for your immediate response! Very Happy
View user profile

on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:35 pm
I just installed 0.7.0.144a and it works wonders both in English and Greek language! cheers

Thank you!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum