Go down
View user profile

Workpiece Tool

on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:49 pm
Hi
I am a beginner using valentina and have trouble in using the workpiece tool. I drawed a very simple pattern piece which I only need in that exact size.
My pattern piece is finished and now I would like to print it as a pdf in the exact size that I have created it. But the layout functions are greyed out, I think this is because I was not able to create a workpiece.
When I select the workpiece tool, no popup appears. I can select the single elements (lines, points and arcs) which I want to add to the workpiece, but I can not finish the workpiece (see picture). I tried doubleclicking on the last object, but the pink line does not end. How can I "finish" the workpiece?
Admin
View user profilehttp://valentinaproject.forumotion.com

Re: Workpiece Tool

on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:25 pm
Hi.

My pattern piece is finished and now I would like to print it as a pdf in the exact size that I have created it. But the layout functions are greyed out, I think this is because I was not able to create a workpiece.

Yes, you are right.

When I select the workpiece tool, no popup appears. I can select the single elements (lines, points and arcs) which I want to add to the workpiece, but I can not finish the workpiece (see picture). I tried doubleclicking on the last object, but the pink line does not end. How can I "finish" the workpiece?

There is no pop up at this stage of creating. To select object use left mouse button. You must select objects in clock wise direction. If curve in opposite direction just select it with holding Shift key. To finish creating press Enter and click Ok. Only then you will be able to continue editing a piece if you want.

Just give me to know if you still have issue with it.
View user profile

on Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:55 pm
Hi

Thank you so much for the quick answer!
Great stuff, it works perfectly :-)
I have one more question. I have a pattern piece which has 8 small circles within its outer limits (to mark where to put the holes on the cut leather piece). How can I add these 8 circles to the pattern piece. Or is there another possibility to do it?
Admin
View user profilehttp://valentinaproject.forumotion.com

on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:00 pm
Hi.

I have one more question. I have a pattern piece which has 8 small circles within its outer limits (to mark where to put the holes on the cut leather piece). How can I add these 8 circles to the pattern piece. Or is there another possibility to do it?

On the tab Detail you can find tool Placelabel. You can use it to add buttons to your pieces. What you need is a center of a button, just a point. And then in settings for a placelable you can select a look.
View user profile

Today at 5:38 pm
Hello
Thank you very much! Your description solved my problem.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum