Go down
View user profile

"Editing a details label" screen: Missing <Name> input box

on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:10 am
Hi all,

For context, this is in the Detail mode, when editing a Label for a particular piece.

The new functionality of being able to customise Label templates is fantastic, however a critical (at least for me) input box for the field, Piece Name is no longer visible. I can edit the name of a detail piece by clicking the Edit Template button and typing in my piece name followed by the syntax for the Name label (i.e. piece_name%pName%), however it is not as ideal as having a visible input text box.

As a user, a Detail Name text box should be visible underneath the Letter and above the Quantity input boxes when editing a details label so it is faster.

Is this an easy resolution?

Kind regards,

John
Admin
View user profilehttp://valentinaproject.forumotion.com

Re: "Editing a details label" screen: Missing <Name> input box

on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:58 am
Hi John,

As i remember, as part of label template implementation we have moved this input text box to tab Paths -> tab Main Path. Now it called "Name of detail". The reason for this is the fact that piece name used not only in label, but also as a name in the app. And user should be able to name a piece even on creating stage, where no other tab is available for him yet.

I hope this is what you searching.

Best regards,
Roman
View user profile

on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:11 pm
Hi Roman,

*John derps* You're correct and it was right in front of me this whole time. Thanks for your quick reply! Smile

Kind regards,

John
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum