Go down
View user profile

Prospect of hosting seminar/lessons

on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:55 pm
Hi all,

I am currently studying patternmaking/tailoring in Milano, Italy and exclusively use Valentina for all my drafting.

I have found out a teacher at my school also uses it, and have received an increasing number of inquiries from not only fellow students, but also current teachers regarding the software. Even though we are taught Lectra (a prominent but highly expensive CAD software), there a number of points drawing interest and persuading people to adopt and learn Valentina.

I would therefore like to approach my school to offer to host lessons or a seminar to:

• Garner awareness for Valentina and the community it presents
  • Encourage the application of new technology and systems to a traditionally old and outdated industry
  • Educate current professionals and students on how to use Valentina

There is a very real opportunity and industry segment for Valentina to be empower.

I am posting this here because I would like to proceed first without stepping on any toes:

• Is there a person responsible for this already?
  • Is there specific content that I need to cover regarding acknowledgements/rights/history?
  • If this has been done before, how did it go and how can I improve it?

Apologies for the long post, but even though this is an open-source project there a number of key contributors here and in essence I would like to receive a sort of 'green light' to proceed.
Admin
View user profilehttp://valentinaproject.forumotion.com

Re: Prospect of hosting seminar/lessons

on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:58 pm
You have my blessing. Very Happy
View user profile

on Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:01 pm
Molto grazie @dismine, I'll update this thread when there is news Very Happy
View user profile

on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:31 pm
I'm sorry to return with the unfortunate news that my school declined my offer to host a seminar/workshop for Valentina. I tried a few approaches, but I have a suspicion there is an alterior motive at work as they have a current business relationship with Lectra Sad

However, I will still continue to use Valentina and discuss it at school as the interest among students and teachers is still growing! Smile
Admin
View user profilehttp://valentinaproject.forumotion.com

on Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:51 pm
Truly das news.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum