Go down
View user profile

Differences between Valentina and Seamly2

on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:12 pm
I used Valentina and now I am using Seamly2d to create patterns. I thought that your fork was similar to Seamly2d, but I had some problems with Seamly2d in Ubuntu 18.04 in a new laptop. Such as when I tried to move the box that opens with Point at distance and angle, with the mouse I moved all the window of Seamly2d.
So I tried to understand why, and I think that the problem is that Seamly2d uses Qt 5.9.2. I m not a programmer, so this is only an hypothesis.
I downloaded Valentina portable in my computer with Windows 10, and noticed that Valentina uses Qt 5.11. If I install Valentina on my laptop wit Ubuntu 18.04, do you think that I will have the same problem or not? Thanks for your reply.
Admin
View user profilehttp://valentinaproject.forumotion.com

Re: Differences between Valentina and Seamly2

on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:21 pm
Hello,

I thought that your fork was similar to Seamly2d

No, even if we share the same origin we are no more similar. There are a lot of changes unique to Valentina.

I had some problems with Seamly2d in Ubuntu 18.04 in a new laptop.

I myself an Ubuntu user and know about this issue. This is part of new Gnome default behaviour. Please, follow this link where you can find instruction how to disable attaching modal dialogs.

noticed that Valentina uses Qt 5.11. If I install Valentina on my laptop wit Ubuntu 18.04, do you think that I will have the same problem or not?

I don't think that this will make any difference. In case of Ubuntu usually developers use Qt version provided by distributive itself.
View user profile

on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:36 pm
Thank you very much. I will follow your link. In these last two days, I struggled to understand how to fix the problem. You are very kind!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum