Go down
View user profile

Curved waist and waisband : best practise ?

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:15 pm
Hello everybody !

I'd be glad to have some advice about pattern making a waistband for a curved waist having darts (skirt or pants).

I'd like to join the 3 parts of the waist curve to shape the waistband curve, but I don't exactly know how to proceed.

I may rotate each part of the waist of the skirt, then move the whole.

Or may I use the move and rotate tool for each part, so they join at the end ? But I have to say I don't achieve to use it adequately ...

What do you think about it ?

Catherine

View user profile

Re: Curved waist and waisband : best practise ?

on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:02 pm
Hi Cath! I was thinking about this topic too. When working with Valentina, I think we need to focus on the tools and protocols within the program. Basically, how each step (points we created) are going to relate to another-before and after.  We could compare and take other methods, manual or software programs that we know but they are just reference because working with Valentina is very unique. So for this example, I would stick to using the Curve Tools three times to joint the points at the waistline. Or you could leave the points alone but copy and paste the file in the file explorer, and apply other features like move and rotate tool, then add your waistline lines. After that, you could rename your file to indicate the tool/s or procedure/s you applied. I am sure others work differently,  perhaps more efficiently (hopefully they would share too  Razz  ) but I just like to share what I am doing-.
View user profile

on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:47 pm
Hi Leonaleonard !

Thanks for your reply !

The fact is, I have already 3 curves (inherited from manual pattern making, I already knew how to shape them), but I have to join them and to make an unique object of them so they represent a separate waistband.

Perhaps the solution is to shape the 3 parts of the waistband on the skirt, then to join them in detail mode.

I go on and I tell you ...
View user profile

on Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:48 pm
Well, that's it.

My very mistake was to want to obtain a separate and assembled waistband in draw mode.

In fact, I only had to draw the waistband in 3 parts between the darts in draw mode, then to join them in detail mode.

Quite simple, after all  Very Happy

View user profile

on Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:55 am
Good job, Cath! and thank you for posting the result. I am sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought that you were asking if it was better to have the waistline in separate (three curves) or one long curve in the Draw Mode. Smile
View user profile

on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:44 pm
That's the problem with using non native language, I think ...

I'll transfer the solution into the wiki sections.

Have a good day !
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum