Go down
View user profile

Conditional Functions? IF function for an equation based on value of custom measurement

on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:10 pm
I'm making a pattern wherein a variable is only invoked IF another variable is a certain value.

I'm making a soft basket pattern.

Variables is:
@number_of_rows = number of rows of cotton strips
@length_waste = additional length added to account for waste/folding of wicker
@number_of_columns= number of columns of decoration

I want to make the equation:

IF @number_of_rows>@number_of_columns
THEN add 2 cm.

I am not sure how to accomplish this in functions for measurement. Any help with conditional functions?
Admin
View user profilehttp://valentinaproject.forumotion.com

Re: Conditional Functions? IF function for an equation based on value of custom measurement

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:49 am
Hi,

frippingtrippingblipping wrote:I am not sure how to accomplish this in functions for measurement. Any help with conditional functions?

We support ternary operator in form condition ? if true : if not true. For example:

@number_of_rows > 40 ? 5 : 30.

Since next test build you will have even more flexibility. Warning. This feature is not compatible with previous versions. In next test version you can use subexpressions. For example:

#a = @number_of_rows > 40 ? 5 : 30;
#b = #a > 50 ? 52 : 334;
#c = #b * 2

Where #a, #b, #c are local variables. Valentina will forget about values after formula evaluation.
View user profile

Re: Conditional Functions? IF function for an equation based on value of custom measurement

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:37 pm
I am very excited about this! I will be following to be the sure that I get the next version!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum