Go down
View user profile

Final Measurements

on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:32 pm
Hi

What is the purpose of the Final Measurements?
Should the Final Measurements values be accessible by the pattern?

--Timo
Admin
View user profilehttp://valentinaproject.forumotion.com

Re: Final Measurements

on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:43 pm
Hi,

This is special case, a request from one of users.

You can use this list to get final measurements. For example, you have measurements, have a pattern and exported it to SVG, PNG, DXF what ever format you desire. But how to check measurements, i mean distances inside a pattern? you can't just open a file and see them without running Valentina. There should be a way to get distances Valentina have when export your file. This is where you can use final measurements. When you export your file you also can ask to save FM. And then you can use them latter. As i understood this is need for later check in production. Of course i am talking about export with command line here.

So, basically you can name variables as you want and also have access to all internal variables Valentina know to get right data.

I hope i answered your question. Smile
View user profile

on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:49 pm
Thanks

It worked other way round I expected.
However it is just the feature I have been looking for.
Many times I would like to see critical values from the pattern. Now I can collect them in Final Measurements. Very Happy
Admin

on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:33 pm
Great that this is also useful for you too.
View user profile

on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:31 pm
Здравствуйте.
Правильно ли я понимаю, что в таблицу финальных измерений я могу вносить любые данные, например длину линий, а не только мерки? И это вносится вручную, строка за строкой? То есть всё, что я хочу потом проверить, я это могу вносить? А потом экспортировать в файл и распечатать?
Admin

on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:18 am
Именно. Этому окну доступны все известные программе измерения. Все, от мерок до параметров объектов. Их так же можно комбинировать и рассчитывать формулы на базе них. Именно для дальнейшей проверки они и были придуманы. Экспорт пока доступен только в формат csv. Делать его можно как с программы так и через терминал (если эти слова вам что то говорят), то есть в автоматическом режиме.
View user profile

on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:35 pm
Про терминал я ничего не знаю, в форматах тоже не особо ориентируюсь. Но во всяком случае у меня данные из этой таблицы спокойно открываются в программе Excel. Пока буду делать вручную из программы. Спасибо.
View user profile

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:12 am
Lovely! I actually came here to ask about this exactly. Thank you!
View user profile

on Sun May 06, 2018 9:12 am
I too would find this feature invaluable, it is akin to 'walking your pattern' in the real world.

Will there be a way to extract Final Measurements (FM) using the GUI? I operate using the GUI and am not quite as savvy with command line as I used to be Sad

Else, are there instructions on how to extract the FM? The Seamly2D wiki only lists command prompts.

Kind regards,

John
Admin

on Sun May 06, 2018 9:28 am
Hi,

Will there be a way to extract Final Measurements (FM) using the GUI? I operate using the GUI and am not quite as savvy with command line as I used to be

Why do you think there is no way to export FM from the GUI? Use menu Measurements->Export Final Measurements to CSV.

Else, are there instructions on how to extract the FM? The Seamly2D wiki only lists command prompts.

First of all, forget about Seamly2D. It is project in coma without developers. With good user community, but completely without developers. The second important thing, we here made a lot improvements, where FM is part of them. None of these are present in Seamly. You are using wrong source to find answers.
View user profile

on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:05 pm
dismine,

Thank you for your reply. I only just saw this as I must have my notification settings off I did not realise you replied! Shocked

I can confirm I can now extract measurements using the GUI, and will no longer be referencing Seamly2D.

Kind regards,

John
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum