Go down
eric.groenendijk

Repositioning starting point Empty Repositioning starting point

on Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:54 pm
Hi,

When making a new Pattern Piece I reposition the starting position (X and Y coordinates) to match the position of the previous pattern piece. Sometimes it would be very practical to change the X and Y coordinates to a specific point. For thjis I would need the X and Y coordinates of each point. My question is: is tehre a way of getting the X and Y coordinates of any point? Thanks for your help.

Eric
dismine
dismine
Admin
http://valentinaproject.forumotion.com

Repositioning starting point Empty Re: Repositioning starting point

on Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:30 pm
Hi,

There is no such possibility. Can you tell me a purpose for such need?

Roman
eric.groenendijk

on Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:36 pm
Hi Roman,

Using the Pattern piece as a layer I build a modified pattern on top of the previous one. Since sometimes I have several pieces on one layer I now have to construct lines to get to the proper piece. Not a real problem, but it would be nice if this was not necessary :-)

Eric
dismine
dismine
Admin
http://valentinaproject.forumotion.com

on Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:46 pm
Using the Pattern piece as a layer
According to logic i implemented, if points are connected they must be inside of one pattern piece.

Did you try to use Group of visibility to implement layer effect? This way you can do everything on one pattern piece and still be able to see and work with points grouped for different pattern pieces.

Directly your request can be resolved in two ways:
1. Add combobox with list of all previous points.
2. Improve scripting language. This way you will be able to get access to more data.
eric.groenendijk

on Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:26 pm
Thanks for your reply.

I do use group the way you suggest. But you made me think of something. I discovered the X and Y coordinates increase by one for each unity. So this solves the problem. I just need to calculate the position of one point on a second piece. However, your suggestion to get access to more data sounds attractive. Unfortunately that is not my field of knowledge :-)

Eric
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum